The most prestigious event in the Philippine supply chain industry – the SCMAP Supply Chain Conference – returns on 15-16 September 2016 at the EDSA Shangri-la Manila in Mandaluyong City.
This year’s theme is Go World Class: Onwards to Vision 2020. Continuing the themes tackled in last year’s conference, we have invited speakers who will discuss the challenges and opportunities available to the industry as it works to become globally competitive in the face of increasingly integrated economies, and as it plays its role in building the Philippine economy and realizing the nation’s full potential.
One of our keynote speakers is Doris Magsaysay Ho, the head of shipping conglomerate A. Magsaysay Inc., who represents the private sector.
Our resource speakers include:
- Ronilo Balbieran, vice president of operations for REID Foundation, will look to our economic prospects under the Duterte administration
- Richard Barclay, CEO of Manila North Harbour Port Inc., will discuss developments at North Harbor in light of increasing economic activity
- Emmanuel Bautista, head of ASEAN operations for LF Logistics, will highlight examples of innovation across supply chain operations
- Kim Cabanig, product manager for Globe Business’ machine-to-machine solutions, tackles the role of technology in increasing visibility in supply chain
- Nestor Felicio, corporate vice president for integrated planning and logistics management for United Laboratories, will explore the intersection between analytics and leadership in supply chain
- Megan Fung, marketing manager of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council, provides a global perspective to supply chain in the Philippines
- April Lynn Tan, vice president and head of research for COL Financial Group, will look into the investment climate for supply chain in the country
- William Lorenzana Jr., global supply chain consultant, will tackle what makes a supply chain operation truly world class
- Jose Manuel Mapa, EVP for key accounts of 2GO Group, will dive into end-to-end supply chain operations in an archipelagic setting such as the Philippines
- Markus Meissner, managing director for AEB Asia Pacific, will look at the impact of automation on supply chain
- Capt. Rodien Paca, COO of Mariners Professional Shipmanagement, will discuss the challenges and opportunities for the shipping industry as globalization takes its hold
- Nicasio Rollan, president of Transfluent Management, will discuss the qualities needed for a leader in these times – whether in supply chain or otherwise
- Robert Vallender, supply chain project director of Nestle Philippines, will pose the question: is your supply chain operation future-proof?
More speakers are expected to be announced soon.
The SCMAP Supply Chain Conference will also house an exhibit featuring major players in the Philippine supply chain industry, from manufacturers and retailers, to logistics providers and suppliers.